The Dermott School District has the following employment opportunities. If you are interested in any of these positions, please complete an application and return it to the Superintendent's Office.
- Secondary Special Education Teachers - 2 Positions for the 2017 - 2018 School Year
Applicants for Special Education Positions must hold a valid Arkansas Teaching License in Special Education at the Secondary Level or hold a valid Arkansas Teaching License in any area and be willing to be placed on and fulfill an Additional Licensure Plan (ALP) for Secondary Special Education.
- Secondary Physical Science, Physics, and Chemistry Teacher - to begin immediately
- 1st Grade Teacher for the 2017 - 2018 School Year
- 2nd Grade Teacher for the 2017 - 2018 School Year
- 5th/6th Grade Social Studies and Science Teacher
Applicants for Certified Positions (with the exception of Special Education) must hold a valid Arkansas Teaching License in the area to be taught or meet Arkansas Qualified Teacher (AQT) status to qualify under the ACT 1240 Waiver.
AQT Requirements for ACT 1240 Waiver Teachers:
- Must have a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree
- Must have demonstrated Content Knowledge in the subject area being taught by one of the following:
- Passed a content area assessment approved by the State Board of Education for the subject/content/grade level the educator will teach
- Passed a content exam which was accepted as demonstration of content knowledge for a teaching license in another state that is acceptable through reciprocity for an Arkansas teaching license
- Has a bachelor's degree or advanced degree in the content area
- Has a minimum of 18 college credit hours in the content area
- Has National Board Certification in the content area
- Has documented successful, relevant work experience in the content area to be taught, established by at least one year of employment in a specific field or occupation that required the educator to demonstrate knowledge and skills in the content area. This is to be supported by two professional letters of recommendation from the educator's employers or supervisors
- Part Time GT Coordinator
Applicants for GT Coordinator must hold a valid Arkansas Teaching License in Gifted and Talented at the PK - 12 levels or hold a valid Arkansas Teaching License in any area and be willing to be placed on and fulfill an Additional Licensure Plan (ALP) for Gifted and Talented.
- Media Center Paraprofessional
Applicants for Media Center Paraprofessional must meet one of the following qualifications:
- Minimum of an Associate's Degree,
- At least 60 hours of College Credit, or
- Pass the Paraprofessional Exam
Job Postings Updated & Posted 4/24/2017